VCM Law Group regularly represents homeowners and businesses in Florida with hurricane damage claims. If you have suffered significant property damage as the result of a hurricane, you face an uphill battle. Insurance companies frequently put profits ahead of policyholders and attempt to deny claims. Our property damage attorneys, however, have the skills and experience to help you obtain maximum recovery.
At VCM Law Group, we have a well-deserved reputation as dedicated advocates and a proven history of achieving substantial settlements on behalf of our clients. We offer free consultations and you pay nothing to us even if we recover for you. The sooner you contact our office, the sooner we can get started on your hurricane damage claim.
Property Damage Caused By Hurricanes in Florida
Hurricanes bring destructive wind and rain, causing structural damage, water damage and other property damage that insurance companies frequently refuse to cover. The highly skilled hurricane damage attorneys at VCM Law Group can help you recover for all types of damage, including:
- Roof damage
- Structural damage (walls, ceilings)
- Water damage (including mold)
- Damage to personal property (e.g. furniture, appliances, electronics, clothes, jewelry)
- Loss of use/alternative living expenses
- Damage caused by fires and explosions
- Damage to boats, cars and other vehicles
- Debris removal
Hurricane damage claims can be complicated, whether you are dealing with one or multiple policies. Our legal team has extensive experience handling all types of claims including:
- Homeowner’s insurance claims
- Commercial property insurance claims
- Business interruption claims
- Renter’s insurance claims
- Auto insurance claims
Ultimately, working with the right hurricane damage attorney can mean the difference between having your claim denied by the insurance company and recovering the full extent of your losses.
How VCM Law Group Can Help With Your Hurricane Damage Claim
When you consult with us, our hurricane damage attorneys will guide you through all phases of the claims process by:
- Reviewing your policy (and extended coverage options)
- Conducting a thorough damage estimate
- Demanding the maximum coverage for your losses
- Disputing a claim denial
Although we prefer to reach negotiated settlements with insurance companies since that means you get paid faster, we are all too familiar with their low-ball tactics. If the insurer refuses to pay the full value of your claim, our trial lawyers are fully prepared to litigate. We have a proven history of achieving successful outcomes, whether at the bargaining table or in the courtroom.
Tactics Insurance Companies Use To Deny Hurricane Damage Claims
Despite the fact that your property is insured, hurricane damage claims are frequently denied for a number of reasons:
- The damage is excluded under your policy — Hurricane damage is caused by a combination of high winds and heavy rains resulting in flooding and storm surges. While those residing in high-risk areas along the coasts and in South Florida are also required to obtain separate flood insurance, property outside of those areas is frequently damaged by flooding which is not covered under homeowners or hurricane insurance.
- Pre-existing damage — Insurers may claim that your property was damaged prior to the hurricane, which resulted in further damage.
- Failure to secure your property — An insurance adjuster may find that your property was damaged by the hurricane, but that you failed to take steps to prevent further damage, such as by not placing a tarp on a hole in the roof to prevent water damage.
If your claim has been denied, the insurance company must inform you of the reasons for the denial. Our experienced property damage attorneys can assist you with an appeal and explore your other legal options, including filing a lawsuit against the insurer if necessary.
What To Do After a Hurricane
It is critically important to act quickly after a hurricane by:
- Calling VCM Law Group
- Photographing all damage to the roof, walls, yard, the interior of your home or building, and personal items
- Taking an inventory of all damaged property
- Filing an insurance claim as soon as possible
By failing to take these steps, you run the risk of having the insurance company deny your claim. The best way to protect your rights and receive the maximum coverage you deserve is to consult with an experienced hurricane damage attorney.
Contact Our Miami Hurricane Damage Lawyers Today
If your home or business has been damaged by a hurricane, you have a right to expect your insurance company to honor the terms of your insurance policy. When insurance companies delay or deny hurricane damage claims, it takes a skilled property insurance lawyer to hold them accountable.
At VCM Law Group, we have the skills and resources to fight back and will work tirelessly to protect your rights. When you become our client, you will have peace of mind knowing that our experienced hurricane damage attorneys are on your side. Please contact our office today for a free consultation.